Welcome to the study programme Finance, Banking and Insurance (Bachelor’s degree), language of training is Ukrainian, English.
Main characteristics of financier are: shrewd and analytical mind, mathematician and pragmatic thinking, attention, endurance, fast response, flexible decision-making, efficient disposal of money, correct assessment of taxes, vigorous activity in the financial markets, protection of savings from inflation.
The mission of the study programme Finance, Banking and Insurance (Bachelor’s degree) is training a new generation of highly qualified specialists in finance, banking and insurance, who have sound professional knowledge; ability to systematically analyze the macrofinancial situation in the country and the monetary policy of the state using modern methodological tools; skills in developing tactical and strategic programs for the development of finance, banking and insurance; financial technologies and tools for their implementation; practical skills on the basis of mastering the system of competencies, which will allow them to be actively involved in the national information and professional space.
We incorporate European approaches and quality standards of higher education. It is the first and the only Bachelor’s programme in Finance, Banking and Insurance in Ukraine which is accredited at the international level by ZEvA agency, Hannover (Germany). ZEvA’s experts have recognized its compliance with European standards and the Bologna requirements.
Here you will find information about the study programme Finance, Banking and Insurance (Bachelor’s degree) at Alfred Nobel University (Dnipro, Ukraine).
Prof. Dr. Hanna Mytrofanova
Head of Department of Innovation Management and Financial Analytics
Sicheslavska Naberezhna str., 18, Dnipro, 49000, Ukraine Of. 1219
tel. mob., Viber: +38 (0675670279)
Programme title: Finance, Banking and Insurance(Bachelor’s degree)
Qualification: Bachelorin Finance, Banking and Insurance
Programme Type: Undergraduate programme
Mode of study: full time, part time
Duration: four years
Degree awarded: Bachelor’s degree
Language of study: English (Full-time), Ukrainian (Full-time, Part-time),
Results of mastery of the study programme: acquisition of basic knowledge of fundamental and applied courses/disciplines necessary for competence of bachelor in finance, banking and insurance in domestic and foreign markets.
Professional knowledge and skills obtained as a result of completing the programme :
- ensure training of Bachelors in Finance, Banking and Insuranceusing a competency based approach to the education process in accordance with modern European educational standards and requirements of the national and global labor market;
- provide students with systematic knowledge and skills in advanced financial management technologies required for formation of the competencies ofBachelorin Finance, Banking and Insurance;
- train qualified professionals who are able independently find relevant ways to achieving the most important objectives of an organization, develop financial plans;
- develop in students a modern outlook on the role of finance in organizations as a means of integrating the various functions of a company in order to improve its efficiency in meeting the strategic objectives of a business;
- teach students to use the full range of analytical tools of finance and information technology for research and making strategic and tactical solutions;
- develop graduates as mature social individuals capable of solving complex communications challenges and social activities within their competence;
- develop in the study process the skills to control the organizational units, teams of experts, projects and programmes, management skills concerning small and medium enterprises;
- improve the learning skills that will enable graduates to continue their study in accordance with the concept of "lifelong learning" in a manner that may be largely self-directed or autonomous;
- apply the principles of using digital technologies in finance, banking and insurance; mastering the skills of organization and methods of providing financial services in real time using modern information platforms; use of digital technologies in the market of financial, banking and insurance services;
- understand the principles of search and processing of digital financial content; ability to apply financial technologies in the process of budgeting and financial diagnostics and analytics; ability to apply financial technologies in the process of formation, efficient use and optimal distribution of financial resources.
We offer you:
- An internationally recognized, practically based education in finance, banking and insurance;
- Modern forms of teaching and learning which correspond to European standards and the Bologna Declaration;
- Courses taught by experienced lecturers and professors who have completed internships at leading universities in Western Europe;
- Master classes conducted by business experts and consultants from business schools;
- Mastery of information systems and technologies in the field of digital finance and modern accounting by using up- to-date software products;
- The opportunity to study German, Spanish, French, Polish, Chinese, Italian on an optional basis;
- A modern library and up-to-date study literature.
Programme requirements ( ECTS credits).
- In accordance with the Standard on higher education set for the programme “Bachelor in Finance, Banking and Insurance” 240 ECTS credits are awarded in total . The curriculum incorporates: mandatory courses (156 ECTS credits), elective courses (64 ECTS credits). Course papers – 2 ECTS credits. Practical training and internship –16,5 ECTS credits. The Final Examination comprises Comprehensive Examination in Profession (1,5 ECTS credits).
- the ratio of credits between parts of the programme may vary slightly from year to year.
Educational goals of the programme.
General goal ofthe study programme“Finance, Banking and Insurance” (Bachelor’s degree) is to train, in line with European educational standards, competitive professionals in finance, banking and insurance for organizations and enterprises of all spheres of economic activity, which are able to implement financial decisions into enterprise management process and have practical skills in using financial policy to achieve business goals.
The programme’s objectives are designed to:
- ensure training of Bachelors in Finance, Banking and Insurance, taking into account the requirements of the labour market concerning formation of competence and improvement in quality by means of introducing innovations in education;
- provide basic knowledge of fundamental and applied educational subjects necessary for competence of a bachelors in Finance, Banking and Insurance;
- familiarize students with effective financial instruments to manage the demand for goods and services of an enterprise, to establish and maintain competitive advantage in the market;
- prepare well-qualified specialists for organizations and enterprises of all branches of the economy who are able to integrate financial solutions to enterprise managementand possess practical skills of using mechanisms of financial policy to achieve business goals of an enterprise, as well as to increase business value;
- develop in students the ability to apply the knowledge and skills they have acquired to both theoretical and applied problems in finance, banking and insurance;
- develop the students’ powers of analysis and judgement;
- develop graduates as social individuals who are ready to solve certain problems and tasks of communicative and social activity.
- provide students with the knowledge and skill base from which they can proceed to further studies in finance, economics and management, business administration etc., as well as in related areas or in multidisciplinary areas that involve finance, economics and management;
- develop in students, through their studies, a range of generic skills that will be of value in employment and self-employment as well as in their future careers in the private or public sector;
- provide students with the knowledge and skill apply the principles of using digital technologies in finance, banking and insurance;
- develop in students, through their studies, understanding the principles of search and processing of digital financial content.
Professionally Oriented Courses Offered (all of them have three levels of study: the level of the enterprise, the level of the state, international level):
- Algorithmization and Programming of Financial Tasks
- Financial System
- Monetary Policy
- Accounting in Business
- Algorithmization and Programming of Financial Tasks
- Finance of Business
- Banking Business
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Monitoring
- Electronic Financial Services
- Financial Planning and Forecasting
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- Investment Analysis
- Insurance Business
- Financial Engineering
- Financial Solutions Using IT (Excel)
- Development of Financial Thought
- Basics of Scientific Research
- Algorithmization and Programming of Financial Tasks (Databases)
- Professional Ethics of a Financier
- Preparation of Financial Statements
- Behavioral Finance
- Information and Analytical Technologies in Finance (R-Programming)
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial Law
- Currency Relations in Business
- Financial Technologies
- Digital Banking
- Project Management in Finance
- Accounting and Reporting in Taxation
- Budget System (Treasury)
- Finance of Foreign Corporations
- Tax Control
- Economic Analysis
- Accounting in Industries
- Forensic Accounting
- Accounting in Banks
- Accounting in Foreign Countries
- Introduction into Profession
Student exchange programmes are conducted jointly with partner universities in Spain, Turkey, Poland and others.
Graduates are in demand in all branches of business, not only at the national level, but also in the European-wide market and global purchasing and sales markets. In the future, increasing demand for skilled employees with this background will be generated by the following types of employers:
- Small and middle-sized firms with an expanding presence in developing and developed countries
- Large, multinational industrial enterprises
- Export and import companies
- International and domestic organizations, institutions, and business
Also many our graduates have succeeded in starting their own businesses.
Enrollment requirements to study programme “Finance, Banking and Insurance” (Bachelor’s degree):
HOW TO APPLY (for international students) CLICK HERE
More information about the programme: